Saturday, April 23, 2011

Too Many Email Address

I have to have a Gmail address to use this blog. I don't use that email address for anything else. I don't know if I have any mail on it or not.
I have another Email address attached to my ISP. I used to have to log on there to get my monthly bills. I had to use Microsoft Outlook for that Email address. They would also send me an email whenever the ISP was offline but I couldn't read those emails until they got back online. So I never know if its a problem with my computer or that the ISP is offline. I quit checking that Email account when I set up automatic billing at the ISP. Now my Credit card is charged each month. I have a yahoo email address I use when I don't want to stay in touch. For example If I want to email a newspaper article I plug in that email address and then go there to get the article and forward it to whom I want it to go. I know by plugging in my real email address on those websites I'll start getting spam email. I use it when I take a quiz or something online and need to plug in an email address to get results. I get plenty of spam email on my yahoo account. That's why I have it. I have a few other memberships on line that come with email accounts that I never use. Then I have my work email account at work and then I have a secret email at work that is more secure. and a tactical email at work for when we are doing training on a localized network. And then I have another secret email at work that is secure but allows us to share info with a specific other bunch of people that we want to share secrets with but not all our secrets. These work emails I have to log into every month whether I want to or not otherwise my account will be suspended. And I have to do regular password changes. I have a bunch of accounts that need passwords other than email so I have about several dozen passwords to remember. I have a secret system for remembering them and for keeping them strong. And then I have my regular everyday email account that I check morning noon and night.

No comments: