Monday, February 27, 2012

Foriegn Frustrations.

Wrote this Feb 27th 2012 and today (1 jan 2013) found it unpublished in my drafts.

It's been about 7 months since I've posted. Mostly because I seldom get on my own computer.  I don't like it to type on because the keyboard is not what I'm used to. and it does not have a 10 key number pad off to the right. I earn my living by keypunching numbers so I use that a lot. When I log on someone else's computer I don't want to log them out of their google account to log into mine. That would cause them to have to log back in. So this is the first time I've accessed my own blog since last July.
In a few days Google impliments it's new privacy policy. That's when they start tracking all your info and crossing it over from one thing to another (android, youtube, gmail, blogger, etc.) I don't like that. I'm not the same person when I write for this audience as when I view a video or send a text on the phone. I don't want to share everything I look at with my audience. What if I were researching jewlry just before valentine's day and an ad pop's up on my phone or computer that I share with my significant other. A little disapointment when she finds out it wasn't for her or that I chose something else instead. I already know they don't quite get who I am because I get ads promising me a hot blond American girl who can help me get a green card. That's what I get for logging on to American websites from other countries. Do you know that when I try to log on to google.com to do a search it forces me to the japanese version of google. I hate reading instructions in Japanese. It sometimes takes so long to find the language switch button that I give up. and while I'm ranting just let me add that I'm not listening to the radio because my made in China boombox only powers up when it wants to.

No comments: